Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My January Top Faves!


Hey there guys! So I did a video about this, but I wanted to post here aswell. I put together my top 10 favorite beauty products from the month of January, so also wanted to talk a little more in detail about them here :)

1. Urban Decay Afterglow Powder Blush in Quickie- I LOVE this blush!! It's the perfect, bubblegum pink blush, and has a bit of sheen in it, so it gives your skin that glow. I've been using this blush for years, and it is my staple blush, I use it basically everyday. However, Urban Decay decided to discontinue their powder blushes :( So you can't buy this product anymore. But luckily, they came out with cream blushes, and Quickie is one of the shades!! Yay! So if you get the chance, try this blush, it's amazing!

2. Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized Eyeshadow- This is my go-to eyeshadow. I use this almost everyday, its perfect for my hazel eyes and slightly-tan skin tone, and the pigment is actually really good for drugstore quality. It contains two shades- one is a bronzy brown, and the second is a mix of tan brown pink and orange. The shades work perfect together, blend nicely, and look shimmery and gorgeous!! They come in several shade duos, including purples, greens, tans and blues, so check them out!

3. Ardell Fashion Lashes in 110 Black- Even though these are drugstore lashes, these work amazingly well!! My lashes are already fairly long and full, so I wear these on days I just want to look even more voluminous in the lash area. They're so comfortable to wear, it feels like there's nothing there! They also cheap, which is really nice. I've had a few pairs from Ardell, but I just keep going back to these, they're my favorites. They have different lengths in them, so for people with shorter lashes, they'd blend really well. Try them!!

4. NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight- I first saw this lipgloss in a video that feature Kim Kardashian, and this was the lipgloss she used. I went and bought it from Sephora a few days later, and I love it! It's a really pretty light pink color, really thick but not sticky, and it looks good over natural lips or lipstick. It's kinda pricey (I think it's about $25...), but NARS makes really good quality so it's worth the money. I've been wearing this lipgloss for months, and its my staple now, and it seems to work on just about every skin tone, which is amazing. I love it!!

5. MAC Satin Blush in Fleur Power- This was the very first product I ever got or bought from the MAC brand, and I adore it. It's the most beautiful coral-pinky color I've ever seen, and it looks amazing on my cheeks. I can wear it light for just a touch of color, or heavier for a flushed look. Either way, it looks amazing. It doesn't flake when I put the brush in it, and a little goes a long way. I hope to try out more great MAC blushes, because I can see that the high quality is there.

6. Anastasia Go Brow Pencil and Highlighter- This is the perfect staple for anyone who loves to fill in their brows and highlight them in one pencil. One side has a ashy-brown color for filling in your brows, and the other has a pearly pink color for highlighting under the brow. While the brow shade is not for everyone, it works very well to fill in sparse spots and does a good job. The highlight blends easily into your skin, and looks glowy without being sparkly. It's a very thick pencil though, so you'll want to invest in a good sharpener than works for bigger pencils.

7. Maybelline One on One Volume Express Mascara- I happened upon this mascara one day at Target, and was immediately captivated by the bright coral-pink bottle. This mascara is awesome!! I've been using it every day for the past 3 weeks, and its perfect. It give my lashes length, seperation, volume, and a matte black color. The brush is made of rubber bristles, so its easy to wiggle in your lashes. It also works great on my lower lashes, the brush isn't so big that it gets on the skin under my eyes. I love it!

8. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush SPF 15 Lipgloss in Tropicool- This lipgloss is AMAZING!! I saw it one day while shopping, and was hooked when I saw it had SPF, so I bought it immediately. The color is so cute- it's bright hot pink with gold little sparkles, and looks amazing over natural lips. It also smells and tastes like raspberries! I've always loved Beauty Rush's lipglosses, but this one tops the list!

9. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Born with It- This lipstick is my all time favorite. I don't care if it's from the drugstore, I've never found a department store lipstick that compares to this one. I've been using this for months, it's my everyday color, and looks amazing. Its a nude pink color, very natural looking, with a little bit of sparkles, but not too much. I love wearing it alone or with lipgloss over it. And, it lasts for hours!! I'm not kidding haha. It's amazing. I'd recommend you try any of the Color Sensational lipsticks, they're all great quality and have awesome shades.

10. Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette- This palette is perfect for Valentines day!! It just came out last month, and I had to get it! It has nine eyeshadows, and also comes with three create-the-looks cards that show you how to get certain looks with the shadows available. I wish it came with a blush too, but the size is perfect. It's great for travel (I recently took it on a trip with me) and has all the shades you need to create so many different looks! I love the Too Faced brand, and this new palette is awesome!


Ok guys, well thanks for reading my review/favorite products. I'm also attaching the video link so you guys and see more and be able to actually see the products I'm telling you about. Thanks!!

Stay beautiful,
Wren

No comments:

Post a Comment